Out of Nowhere eBook Ryan Krauter

Matt Falken was a normal, everyday high school Freshman whose main goal in life was to stay under the radar and finish school without suffering any lasting emotional trauma. All that changed one day after he was almost kidnapped at a mall; Matt discovered that his parents had neglected to mention that they had moved to town from somewhere far away- like another planet.
Destined for obscurity, Matt unexpectedly learns that, while he is human like everyone else he knows, his parents grew up on another planet populated by humans from Earth that were taken there long ago. Having fled to Earth to avoid Matt getting caught up in the long war their people were fighting, the past reaches out to them as Matt’s parents learn that their son is desperately needed to help fight their people’s ages-old enemy. Matt, like his parents, possesses a rare and special genetic gift that allows him to be a necessary part of the computer network defending their planet. Matt decides to investigate the offer, if for no other reason than to learn about his people. He is accompanied by his best friend, a neighbor girl named Jessie, as he travels ‘home’ only to find out that not only is he a natural at running the Network, but without him the humans will most likely be destroyed.
Out of Nowhere eBook Ryan Krauter
This is just what the author said he was trying to write, teen sci-fi, and he did it very well. The writing is very good and clear. Characters are fleshed out nicely, well the teens are anyway, adults are generally good, bad, or transparent, but that's fine as the kids drive the story. Plenty of teen issues to grapple with, action, intrigue, and most importantly, humor.I have grand kids and a 13yr old daughter, she'll be reading this one and I know she will enjoy it. I enjoyed it and would give it 5 starts if I was a teen, but I need a bit more substance. Fair or not, I duno. Ill start his space opera series today "Birthright" and hopefully I can attach 5 start adult rating.
Keep writing, you have the chops for it.
Product details
|

Tags : Out of Nowhere - Kindle edition by Ryan Krauter. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Out of Nowhere.,ebook,Ryan Krauter,Out of Nowhere,Silver Impala Press,FICTION Action & Adventure,FICTION Science Fiction Action & Adventure
People also read other books :
- Covenant College The Complete Series (Audible Audio Edition) Amanda M Lee Angel Clark Books
- My Secret Life A Memoir of Bulimia eBook Leanne Waters
- Uncle Remus His Songs and His Sayings Joel Chandler Harris 9781117589121 Books
- El Quinto Infierno Doble o Nada nº 2 Spanish Edition edition by Verónica L Sauer Literature Fiction eBooks
- Le Pont des soupirs Edition Intégrale Version Entièrement Illustrée French Edition eBook Michel Zévaco JBR
Out of Nowhere eBook Ryan Krauter Reviews
Matt is a bullied teenager in high school, or as most will call him, the underdog. Matt, the underdog, discovers that the outer space tales that his parents told him as a child were not tales but reality and Matt is called upon to help defeat the evil Vorlins to save humankind from destruction. A story that I have rated as FOUR STARS.
I found that when the book began that the bedtime stories were thrown in a bit too obviously. I would have liked a more subtle hint. Also, when everything began to get out of this world that Matt was a little too accepting. Wait...what? Oh, ok...I'm really from outer space...Ok, let's go check that out then shall we? He should have been a little bit more freaked out or something. After these few things that just didn't feel right, the rest of the novel was a lot more smooth. I enjoyed the story and the way it ended (with a hook by the way ;).
I found several typos and grammatical errors. At one point the wrong name was used. If you can read past all of this however, the story is great. I enjoyed it a lot and after the first few chapters it became a book that is hard to put down. It is definitely better suited for young adults or teenagers. I found it a little young for myself, but I don't take away stars for not being the target audience. The only reason it lost a star was the errors. The story was well thought of, the love triangle that forms around Matt would have normally irked me but it was done in a way that was much more unique and acceptable.
All in all, a good read with a target audience of younger readers. Thanks for the opportunity to review your work Krauter!
I'm kind of divided on this book. The formatting is good, with very few errors throughout the manuscript. The Author has an excellent command of grammar and a writing style that is direct and succinct, (although the POV slips in points) and there are moments of dialogue that genuinely had me cracking up. The storyline has an Ender's Game feel to it, a move that I like (once I had really adapted to it).
At the same time, I think that the people were slightly flat at times, and by that, I mean that they were dealing with some huge issues here, obstacles and circumstances that would be incredible amounts of pressure, and their actions seemed somehow out of scale with the situation. While they were frustrated or uncomfortable, I feel like they rebounded far too easily from the emotional distress and setbacks that they were subjected to. Nobody really blew up or broke down; while I may not want my novel to be as bad as an episode of the Real Life (or whatever that reality tv show is called), I also want my characters to have true emotional depth - especially when they're teenagers.
Some of the lack of tension on that front was mitigated by a developing love triangle, a device that I thought was utilized fairly well by Krauter. The novel, although sci-fi, is extremely character-driven, with the real story being the relationship between the three major protagonists, and I was surprised by how maturely all of them handled their emotions.
One of my favorite parts of the novel involved a real - life version of an on - line game. The idea itself just sparkled with novelty and the kind of "oh-I-wish-I-could-do-that" fun that I love to read about in science fiction.
Oh, and the ending? Excellent. I look forward to finding out what happens in the future for these kids.
Overall Rating 3.8 stars. While not life-changing, Out of Nowhere is entertaining and cozy, perfectly suited to a lazy morning with some sunshine and a cup of tea.
This is just what the author said he was trying to write, teen sci-fi, and he did it very well. The writing is very good and clear. Characters are fleshed out nicely, well the teens are anyway, adults are generally good, bad, or transparent, but that's fine as the kids drive the story. Plenty of teen issues to grapple with, action, intrigue, and most importantly, humor.
I have grand kids and a 13yr old daughter, she'll be reading this one and I know she will enjoy it. I enjoyed it and would give it 5 starts if I was a teen, but I need a bit more substance. Fair or not, I duno. Ill start his space opera series today "Birthright" and hopefully I can attach 5 start adult rating.
Keep writing, you have the chops for it.

0 Response to "≡ PDF Free Out of Nowhere eBook Ryan Krauter"
Post a Comment